This week my blog is going to reflect on a makeup service I provided to a client who is an independent presenter for an up and coming cosmetics brand called “YOUNIQUE”. We connected a few weeks back and my client scheduled a makeup application but had 1 request. She asked that I exclusively use YOUNIQUE products from her makeup kit as she was interested in learning how to use some of her existing products in different ways and eager to see what look I created with her products. I was really excited for this opportunity since I had never used the brand before and was curious to see what the quality/texture of the products was like!
Who is YOUNIQUE?
YOUNIQUE is a company that was created in 2012 by 2 siblings-Derek Maxfield & Melanie Huscroft. The mission behind this brand is to support, empower, and uplift women globally. Their company is all about providing women with opportunities to grow and be rewarded financially. To read more about the founders of this company click here:
YOUNIQUE is also the first sales company to market and sell almost exclusively through social media. If you are looking to have your own business, flexibility in the hours you work, be in control of your income and connect with hundreds of other women who are just as passionate about makeup as you are, then this is the opportunity for you! When you become an independent presenter, the entire process is completed online and you are set up almost instantly with a link to your personal site and connected to a community of people who love cosmetics and makeup just as much as you do!
To learn more about how you can become an independent presenter and perks that come with this opportunity click here:
Now that you know more about this awesome cosmetics brand, let me tell you about the experience I had with my client. First off I was very impressed with the quality of the products. I was able to touch feel and apply the following products:
- Rose Water Spritz Toner
- Royalty Divine Daily Moisturizer Day Cream
- Touch Glorious Face Primer
- Moodstruck Minerals Eye Primer
- Moodstruck 3D Fibre Lashes (Mascara)
- 5 Eyeshadow Palettes
- Mineral Pressed Blushes
Here is my feedback on the products I used:
- A little product goes a long way
- Eyeshadows are very long lasting and very pigmented. They would be great to add to any kit especially for bridal or party makeup!
- Primer has a clear matte finish & leaves your skin feeling very smooth!
- Bronzer applied really well and also has a nice highlight finish to it
- Loved the formula of the foundation! Foundation had a matte finish so no setting powder required. It left skin looking super smooth and flawless!
- Mascara is a 2 step process-first you start with the primer mascara and before it dries use the fibre mascara stick. Do this multiple times and you will see longer fuller lashes! In your first coat you will see up to a 500% increase in average volume!
Here is a picture of some of the products in my clients kit:
Here are some before and after shots of my client wearing all YOUNIQUE Products
Below is a breakdown of all products used:
- Rose Water Toning Spritz
- Royalty Devine Daily Moisturizer
- Glorious Face Primer
- Mineral Touch Liquid Foundation in Organza
- Moodstruck Minerals Eye Primer
- Moodstruck Addiction Palette #1 & #2
- Lid-Blissful (palette #2) Crease-Honourable (palette #2) Crease-Cocky (palette #2) Brownbone-Elated (Palette #1)
- Waterline-Moodstruck Precision Eye Liner Pencil in perfect dark brown
- Liner around eye-cocky shadow (palette #2)
- Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara (4-5 coats)
- Moodstruck Minerals Pressed Blusher in Seductive
- Beachfront Bronzer in Hermosa
- Moodstruck Opulence Lipstick in Affluent
My client waited until I finished the entire application before she looked at the final look. Her reaction was “I love my smoky eye & love my brows.” My client never fills her brows in so really appreciated the effect it had when I did fill them! She also mentioned that she learnt a lot as I did take her step by step on how I created the look.
What are your thoughts on her makeover?
Are you interested in becoming an independent presenter with YOUNIQUE? If so don’t hesitate to contact Heather Bain on Instagram at: @heathersyounique. Heather is very knowledgeable on this makeup brand and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the products!
What would you like me to write about in my next blog? I would love to hear from you!
If you’re looking for a makeup artist in Toronto & GTA, click here to check out the services I offer!